Many of you might never use a digital recorder, while there is a various brand available in the market to perform this activity. Including if comparing between Zoom H1n VS H4n. Those that need to select between these two series can be confused and doubt which one is more suitable. Even though coming from the same brand, but the two products are not exactly similar. To get more brief and information about the difference and the strength of each series, the next paragraph will manage to help those that trying to select the right one. Let’s take a look closer.
The Zoom Brand
It will be good to know the brand first before checking on their products. That is wh, to get an overview of the Zoom brand can be an advantage. Zoom is one of the brands that produce a wide array of recording devices. Among all of the products, there also including a line of portable “handy” recorders. Read also: Zoom H1n vs Tascam DR 05
Zoom also produces multi-effects processors and many more. Founded in 1983 in Tokyo, Zoom has established its reputation for the past thirty years. Furthermore, the Company is one of the manufactures that put microchips design innovative on all of their products. Including their microphone that launched in various series. Among the series, there is Zoom H1n and Zoom H4n. More specific features, strength, pros, and cons will be discussed further in the next paragraphs.
Whether Zoom H1n or H4n include a handy portable digital recorder. This means that the product is able to use and bring anywhere to record things as necessary. Both are almost similar in concept. Therefore, if you compare in details, basically whether Zoom H1n or Zoom H4n will bring these similar specifications:
- Completed with an official one-year warranty. Therefore, any issues and problems during its warranty life can be managed to repair by the official representatives in the countries.
- Supported with internal memory card up to 2GB. Therefore, no need to bother with an additional memory card, unless you want to keep more records in one time. But if you prefer to save all your recording to another device, then you wouldn’t need to think about adding another memory card inside it. Furthermore, if you plan to add an external memory card, then the device will able to support up to 32GB.
- Completes with onboard speakers and jack-up to connect with headphones so that the recording result will be able to monitor and hear by the recorder.
|ZOOM H1N||ZOOM H4N|
|Best Offer||click here||click here|
|Product Dimensions||5.4 x 1.9 x 1.2 inches||8 x 8 x 8 inches
|Shipping Weight||7.8 ounces||3.3 pounds
Producing various series in the same field doesn’t mean it has no specific differences at all. That is why Zoom giving a different series name for their products. This is due to the specific features that contain in each product build by the company. Such as Zoom h1n that claim to bring the following technology:
- It is one of the smaller and lighter digital recorders produced by Zoom. Therefore, many users love this efficient and compact shape to bring in any occasion. Suitable for those that movable and active to go in many places.
- Provide clean deep stereo sounds that automatically able to record in two channels. This is one of the features that make Zoom is much better than the other similar products in its class.
- Completes with a metronome and chromatic tunes that will be suitable for guitar. This added effect can manage a better music recording result.
While if you look further, you can get a little bit different features inside the Zoom h4n. This product will able to give you the following features:
- More lifetime on recording, since it is supported by 2 AA batteries, making the device able to run longer than the one with only 1 AA battery.
- Provide clean deep stereo sounds that automatically able to record in four channels. This is a much better feature compares to Zoom H1n that only able to record in two channels.
- Completes with a built-in mixer and best preamp to produce better recording quality than other Zoom products. This is one of the things that makes Zoom H4n special rather than the other similar products created by Zoom.
- Better than Zoom H1n, the product able to connect directly with several instrumentations. Therefore, it will manage a good sound for broadcast.
One of the considerations among many buyers is the price. That is why Zoom also concerns about this matter and tries to sell worth buying products. The same way when the Company launch Zoom H1n and Zoom H4n. It can be seen in many online or offline store that H1n is now selling at a price of $110. While to get the H4n version, you need to add more money since it is selling at a price of $180. That such amount of money to get a more enhanced product under the same brand. Therefore, in case of planning to select one of them, the buyer shall make sure that they choose for the worthiest item.
ZOOM H1N vs H4N
From the information above, it can be seen that in general Zoom H1n VS H4n might be ended in almost similar specifications. However, several major differences will need to be attentive when planning to select one of these products. For those that feel more comfortable to buy a lower-priced product might be happy to get the H1n version. As this product is more suitable for common content creators or for some light recording activity. However, for those who are professional might not be satisfied with the cheap one. It will be good to invest in H4n as it is more suitable for a pro recording activity. It will provide more quality and manage better professional recording results.
Overall, Zoom has considered various things before launching their product. Including making market research when selling Zoom H1n VS H4n. Therefore, each segment will get a suitable product as per their financial capability. That is why those who plan to buy one of them, it is recommended to identify your needs and your budget first. So that you will end up with the proper selection rather than spend too much money on something that you do not really need it.